A message from Col. Christian Woolfe, Seneschal, Province of Malagentia:
As we are of the great white north we are no strangers to the wonders and perils of snow. That being said, a well-trained driver knows their limits and I would not for one moment ask you to test those limits.
As of now I am cancelling tonight’s meeting, but don’t worry. You can still get your monthly fix of Malagentian process for this month since the lovely and talented Christiana Crane has offered us space at her store this coming Monday (1/6/14), 7:30pm for a make-up meeting:
15 Fort Hill Road
Standish, ME 04084
*Fort Hill road is located off of route 35. Please let us know if you need directions.
We will be voting on our operating budget for this year as well as thanking our past officers and welcoming the incoming team. Possible guest speaker too – stay tuned.
Stay home tonight and keep safe.
One of the things that our new website framework will enable us to have is a photo gallery. If you have a favorite photo of Malagentia or Malagentians that you have taken, please submit it to Mylisant for inclusion in the inaugural edition of the Malagentia photo gallery. In addition to a digital copy of your photograph, please fill out and include a copy of this Photographer Release Form.
If you know the names of any people in your photo, please include that information as well. Modern names or SCA names will do.
We have many talented photographers in our Province. This is your opportunity to shine. All photos in the gallery will be fully credited to the photographer.
If you paid close attention at this year’s Great Northeastern War, you noticed a few people being escorted around site toting cameras. They were reporters from the Lewiston Sun Journal who put together a couple of lovely pieces about the event.
One piece focused more on martial activities and featured still photos and video of the fighting and other activities that took place over the weekend as well as spotlight interviews with Astrid, Cailte, Raiztlin and Carolyne.
Another piece opened with a dancer and took a more holistic approach to the event in a well-produced 2 and 3/4 minute video that described many of the non-martial activities that took place while still managing to catch a bit of the action from the fencing tavern brawl.
Three cheers to our hard-working Chatelaine, Seneschal and Deputy Seneschal who worked hard to give these journalists access to our event so that the fun we have could be documented for the rest of the state to see.
Found an amazing place that might make an excellent site for a future Malagentian event? Use this handy form to let future autocrats know.
You may wish to check the existing entries to make sure your site hasn’t already been added.
Thank you to everyone who joined us tonight. The only casualty of the evening was Camille’s Crocs, but that’s a story for another time..
We reviewed (in order of appearance):
Cuckolds All A Row
Several of our neighbors to the North were recently featured in an article by the Bangor Daily News.
- Instrumental and vocal started up again in September, instrumental on first and third Wednesdays, vocal on second and fourth.
- Dance practice continues to go well on the third Thursday of the month. We continue to have a good turnout, and have made progress on several new (to us) dances.
- Illumination and calligraphy classes happen as announced, generally second Thursday of the month
- Scrolls done by Malagentian Scribes have been displayed and awarded at several events.
- Christiana Crane won the populace vote in the Scribal Largesse challenge at Crown Tourney, and has since joined the Eastern scribal community.
- Preparations for Yule feast entertainment are happening with both vocal and instrumental Dissonatas sections.
- An A&S day geared towards newcomers is planned for December 8. Sewing and heraldry will be focused on, but all are welcome.
- All Things Scribal (Northern Region) has been bid for March 2013. Awaiting approval. Ro Honig von Sommerfeldt and Camille des Jardins will be co-autocratting this day of classes and talks.
mka Genevieve Coombs
MoAS, Province of Malagentia
Member #179047 exp.June 30, 2013