Several of our neighbors to the North were recently featured in an article by the Bangor Daily News.
ALL THINGS SCRIBAL
MARCH 9th, 2013
Eliot Baptist Church
912 Harold Dow Highway
Eliot, Maine 03903
We are looking for teachers for ALL THINGS SCRIBAL! We would love teachers
for all levels of classes.
- Do you want to teach but don’t know what to teach? Contact Honig or Camille and we can tell you what some of the “requested” classes are. For example, I would like someone who is very good at fixing mistakes to hold a class. Please show scribes how to scrape, dab, cover, fudge and fix those scrolls that need it. Nobody wants to learn how to fix on a scroll that is due in a few days.
- Do you have a talent for writing words? We would love to know some of your process! How do you make it look so easy?
- Do you have a little trick you would like to share? We are going to set up stations for the 30 Second Scribal University…for example: I want a refresher on how to use an ames lettering guide but don’t need to sit through the beginning calligraphers class.
- Would you like to consult on scrolls? Someone may be having trouble with a small part of the process and the nearest scribe lives far away.
To join in the fun, or just ask questions, please email:
- Instrumental and vocal started up again in September, instrumental on first and third Wednesdays, vocal on second and fourth.
- Dance practice continues to go well on the third Thursday of the month. We continue to have a good turnout, and have made progress on several new (to us) dances.
- Illumination and calligraphy classes happen as announced, generally second Thursday of the month
- Scrolls done by Malagentian Scribes have been displayed and awarded at several events.
- Christiana Crane won the populace vote in the Scribal Largesse challenge at Crown Tourney, and has since joined the Eastern scribal community.
- Preparations for Yule feast entertainment are happening with both vocal and instrumental Dissonatas sections.
- An A&S day geared towards newcomers is planned for December 8. Sewing and heraldry will be focused on, but all are welcome.
- All Things Scribal (Northern Region) has been bid for March 2013. Awaiting approval. Ro Honig von Sommerfeldt and Camille des Jardins will be co-autocratting this day of classes and talks.
mka Genevieve Coombs
MoAS, Province of Malagentia
Member #179047 exp.June 30, 2013